Search This Blog

Monday 29 November 2010

That Old Chestnut Man ...............

Walking across the local market the other day I saw something I don't recall seeing for years ,a bloke selling "Hot Roast Chestnuts  " I remember  one used to stand on the same corner every winter in Blyth and you could see them on the streets of Newcastle etc:, and if I recall they used to be all from origins abroad , now the only thing I can't remember is the price they where back when ?????, but I do know the price now which  is £2 ,not sure what you get for that  though...........could be just the one,very large ! .looking on old google the "Hot Chestnut " section it seems I have been missing out as among other things  you can hire the actual ovens for your party ,anyone for a roasting ??, probably not me though I never even got to a Fondue party .

2 comments:

Alan Tilmouth said...

I've read about this snow madness, you need to get something warm inside you Brian!
Great post by the way...

Northumbrian Birding said...

Thanks Alan ,Actually it should have been titled "Padding out the Blog " as I am not getting any frame fillers of late !!! (Crossword & recipes to follow )
Brian