Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 January 2008

New Year 1-1-08


Well what a crap start to the New Year weather wise at any rate, I left this morning as a man on a mission , but that soon faded as the rain got heavier, started at WE for the Water Pipit hard to see the pond let alone the bird, but it was easier to see the Pied Wagtails,so I let them find me the Pipit so after checking (all the salient features) and the rest of the area which also turned up Grey Wagtail, I thought I would go to Big Waters for the feeding station but it was rather quiet also but Goosander , GSW , Fieldfare the ever present Tree Sparrows with Sparrowhawk through,so I thought the next stop would be try for the Hen Harrier , fat chance in this weather , but there was always the hope of something else scanned the area from the road where I had seen it just the other day rain eased, but nothing, on to Cresswell , Smew, Scaup RB Merganser,Pochard,Tufted,Wigeon ,Teal no sign of the Ruff , the rain got fell heavy now and the light was going fast so I just ended the day there ,went home to do the math which took no effort on my part a total of only 53.
Hardly the start I had envisaged missing loads of easy stuff anyway the task is young it was not the intention to get a large day list that would have involved planning and much better weather.


53 for day one















No comments: