Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 April 2009

7-4-09 Yellow Wagtail,Little Egret,Garganey, LR plover

A run up the coast first stop Lynemouth at the horse field two Redshank & Moorhens on the small pool with about 30 Meadow Pipits & a couple of Wags,but no Water Pipit, this was on the south end of the flash just over the bridge and round the corner, from here it flew over the water works and out of sight, plenty of Redshank & Black Headeds, plus Wagtails with a couple of white Wag. I did not go into the hide at Cresswell the wind was picking up so I stopped at the north end with Yellow Wagtail, plus 4-5 Wheatears further over, wind increasing so I went to the screen at Druridge, which had a Little Egret on show my first of the year , this area is looking great, must be at least an Avocet here before long, i was just saying goodbye to someone turned back to the scope and there was a pair of Garganey in view, they must have just dropped in, nice to see as we had just been talking about them.
Up the track to the main pool & one to the south nothing of note , just had my coffee,in the hope of the Otter,but called into the smaller hide and a guy said he had Little Ringed Plover, which was not there about 20mins ago, so I set the scope and got some real crap shots looking into the sun, also picked up the Garganey on the far pool, wind was becoming a real pain so I headed off to the real world as I had to do some shopping, well I've got to eat !!! life's not all birding. Water Pipit on the horse field again, turned to get the camera and it was gone , scoped the area in the hope of some digi shots but no luck, elusive little blighter.
Despite the sunny day the wind was a right pain

A pair of Garganey, take my word for it thats a female to the left

You think these are going to be a nice atmospheric shot looking into the light , with the water sparkling, but not so as everthing is in shadow, anyway LRP on the small pool.



No comments: