Search This Blog

Thursday 4 March 2010

March already ...............at least its sunny



At least March has started off nice and sunny rather than those dull grey days of Feb,I went to Druridge to try and catch up with the Green Winged Teal, stopping at Cresswell and walked up to the hide as there was only two cars in the carpark I was surprised to see the hide nearly full not just that but all the shutters where down everyone having a picnic lunch , so not wanting to squeeze in amongst the rustling crisp bags I decided to go over too the dunes , only a couple of RTD, large flock of Wigeon 100+, and a small number of Eider with a couple of Scoter also, typical the perfect light and I was enjoying just sitting in the sun but not much to go at. also stopped to check the geese beside Bells about 1000 Pinkfeet and looked for the Twite they are not very mobile now and take some finding about 10 and as many Skylark but as usual some way off.
Druridge I waded through to the Budge screen to find about 6 Teal and a few mallard , not worth getting the feet wet for, I noticed a couple on the bank looking over the main pool and thought perhaps the path was flooded , so I dug out the wellies but it was not to bad , I did mention to them that the mound was not for viewing from , and the reply was he could not make it all the way along the track , seemed to get up the mound OK though , and with scope & tripod.
I counted about 80 Teal no sign of the GWT, although there was also plenty you could just see bits of, the only birds I took any shots of was some Male Goldeneye feeding beside the hide, another look on the sea 4 RTD and 30 odd Scoter, it was just nice having some sun and warmth.............looking forward to Summer more than any other year before !!!!


No comments: