Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Iceland Gull

The end of last Month I went back along to the Fish Quay ,but first called into the boating lake to check the Gulls for an Iceland or Glaucous only to find a sailing club in attendance with about 15 radio controlled yachts  milling about the duck , still a few gulls along the side they seem to adapt quickly to disturbance having their essential fresh  water bathe along the edge . Also called in to see the Lesser Whitethroat at Tynemouth which appeared and showed well after only ten minutes will process some shots but I can't add to the already well documented photos available . The fish quay was very quiet not many gulls around save for the usual mob at the car park, but I have never personally seen any white wingers at the car park or beach area . Well again  I walked back and forth along the Quay checking the shed roofs with nothing but then swimming out from the front of a boat in the channel an Iceland came into view allowing some shots before taking off , I soon realized I had the wrong camera for flight shots and despite it giving numerous fly pasts I got nothing , it finally settled up on the sheds  for awhile dropping into the channel again briefly and again back to the river side shed roof  which is where it was when I left. 

 I don't know if there was a race on or not these yacht sails are about 4' high
 Iceland on the water in the channel

 The closest I got as it swam past between moored boats
 I have overexposed the shots somewhat the  strong low sun giving very harsh light , but don't be fooled it's always cold here and this day no exception  one of the reasons to keep moving and always wrap up .

And it ends up on the shed roof  this side of the shed a favorite  of a lot of the gulls

No comments: