Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 May 2007

27-04-07 St Mary's Island

Another nice day weather wise so I cycled to St Marys,plenty of Linnets sitting up atop the bushes singing the best they can 4 Stonechats, single Wheatear at the mast field and a single Willow Warbler at the corner Willows.while here I heard the strangest noise it sounded like someone was tapping glass with metal, tap tap, what the hell is this I thought looking into the bottom of the bush I found a Song Thrush using an empty Vodka bottle (one of those flat ones ) as an anvil and bashing open snail shells looking at the shells it must have used it before. Garganey still on the pool and it was good to see four Sandwich Terns on the rocks, Sanderling moulting into Summer plumage,on the way back had my first Wall Brown of the year.


No comments: