Search This Blog

Saturday 21 March 2009

21-3-09 First Chiff of the year

Another fantastic sunny day although it was only today I saw my first Butterfly or noticed my first anyway, my garden pond is heaving with Frogs but the water looks very murky, will have to try and get some more plants in.
A report of Black Redstart at St Marys so I thought a run out on the bike again , pair of Stonechats along the dunes but no sign of Redstart for even after an hour or so, I did have my first Chiff of the year with a couple of Goldcrests, it was in the triangle , I always like to get a shot of the first one , it was singing but took awhile to get any shots of it ,but I enjoyed the time just watching it flit around , the dipping pond heaving with Toads and strings of spawn, had another look for the redstart right along to the next bay but no sign , it's probably still there just keeping well in.



being athletic in it's search for food


Stopping for a pose



I put this one in because it is leaving the branch but still has it's wings closed




And finally one showing the wing formula





Toad with Spawn in the dipping pond






No comments: