Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 September 2008

7-09-08 More of the fall

Started the day back at the Blyth Park it was brighter for awhile anyway, nothing new around other than a Hawker Sp Dragonfly flew around briefly, Blyth Valley Birder sent a message of Wyrneck in the cem but no sign for me when I got there, a good find on his patch, still plenty of Redstarts around, a Whinchat , lots of Swallows hawking over along the links to check out the large pond still there and with masses of birds, Black-headed's, Lapwings, Starlings, waders included 20 Ruff, 4 Black Tailed Godwits, 2 Bar Tailed, 8 Knot, Redshank & Dunlin, having no luck at finding my own Wryneck I went for the Whitley Bay bird at the Cem, it showed from the start but at some distance http://www.freewebs.com/birdingstmarys/ here is a great shot of the bird.
A dozen Wheatears just on the corner of the putting green, & a single Golden Plover I thought worth checking out, Red Backed Shrike still in the garden at the Lighthouse and in the top end of the wetland more , Redstarts, Pied & Spotted Flycatcher, Willow & Garden Warblers, for me it;s hard to describe the sheer scale of the birds around , still plenty around on the 8th & 9th with Pied & Spotted fly in the park and Willow Warbler even through my garden , I didn't find anything out of the ordinary but it was great looking with anticipation ,Yesterday I spent 30 mins under an Alder in the corner of a School (now closed) checking out some Warblers one was crashing around I hoped for an Icterine but no ,another day!!!! what a fantastic couple of days.

Two Garden Warblers sharing the same hip
Unable to find my own, I checked the obliging Cem bird



Woodpigeon taking in the sun less than 8 ' from me so I thought it deserved a photo
Small Copper





Several Pied Fly's & Spotted Fly's at the north end of the wetland Redstarts everywhere



No comments: