Search This Blog

Friday 12 June 2009

Around the ponds on the bike 10-6-09


Wednesday I went miles around the area looking at any pond I could find ,started off at Blyth beach to have a look at the Whale that had washed ashore but it was already gone , large lorry tracks showing where it had been , so loaded down with camera and small scope I set off, it ended more just a cycle ride than anything with not much in the way of Dragonflies, I past this Swallow sitting on the fence behind a hedge so I stopped and got out the camera for a shot ,but it never moved ,looking through the camera I could see nothing wrong with it no sign of injury etc: so I sat and had my coffee to keep an eye on it , eventually it flew over to the pond had a drink and returned further down the fence , obviously something not right perhaps it had collided with something and would just take a bit of time .

Checking the pond with Large Red, Common ,Blue tailed & Azure Damselflies but nothing new I sat in the sun for the rest of my coffee a Swallow flew slowly over the pond and dipped down for a drink landing on the gate beside my bike , which is where I left it after getting a few more shots I was not as close as the photo seems to show ,seeing that bird on springwatch which looked terrible compared to this and that recovered , I can only hope this bird also recovered fully.

No sign of any injury,I had thought those where ticks when I looked through the bins but no !!!


Seems glossy enough and bright eyed









Getting better at the Hoverfly shots ,nearly there!!!











This one just too far away teneral form.


























No comments: