Search This Blog

Thursday 18 June 2009

Political Correctness 16-06-09

Early Tuesday evening I cycled along to Seaton Sluice just to get some fresh air, I only took my bins with me , going along the refurbed prom some new chalets have been erected where some stood many years ago before being demolished due to vandalism, these look quite robust with grass roofs, all are named after seaside theme, like Lobsters, Sand ,Starfish , even Brittle Star, 20 chalets named ,but they missed out Crabs whats the seaside without Crabs I ask, I suppose they decided they did not want anyone in Blyth to have Crabs.

One thing about cycling past birds you can get very close, within a couple of feet of a stunning male Stonechat, as I freewheeled past, wish I could get as close with the camera, looking over the bay nothing to be seen , no Terns , a few distant Gulls, plenty of Meadow Pipits along the dune path and lots and lots of Orchids,only went as far as Seaton Sluice stood by the watchtower and had a check of the sea, a Rock Pipit calling repeatedly ,I looked around and just 6 feet away a recently fledged young Pipit, I would have had to move back to get it framed ,if I had took my camera, I moved back to allow the bird in to feed it's young , having looked around I came up with numerous Guillemots ,3 Razorbills, 12 Eider, 2 Common Scoter, 6 Sandwich Terns and 3 Gannets south gripping stuff and still home by 9.

No comments: