Search This Blog

Sunday 11 July 2010

Dragons & Terns....8-7-10

Thursday the 8th I again started the day looking for Dragons called at Summerhill lane pond , teneral Emerald , Four Spot Chaser keeping in shelter and out of the wind , a Black tailed Skimmer down on the road as was 4 Tortoiseshell .
Cresswell only had a Common Sandpiper but I did not go into the hide to check the sand bar, Druridge at the screen end my first Common Darter of the year .
East Chevington checked out the north pool numerous Terns collecting now , my first Common Tern juveniles, a single Little Tern and two colour ringed Arctic Terns both standing in water so not sure If I got the combos right they could be off an old scheme, will try and get some gen, apart from a few Dunlin with a couple of juveniles also that was about it.


Common Darter.........imm male would be my guess
More Five Spot Burnett's but still not in large numbers
Stoat checking the verge for Rabbits that had just been out sunning themselves

Four Spot Chaser

No comments: