Search This Blog

Friday 21 October 2011

Whoopers are here !!!

Sunday late afternoon saw me at Prestwick Carr started down the sentry end 20 Fieldfare well over by the wood , 3 Kestrels, 4 Buzzards, and a single Sparrowhawk ,also around M and  F Stonechats  and back down the track two Whinchats  more Buzzards a Fox  2 Curlew and 3 Jays with a single SEO lifting form a small copse a Long Eared owl picked out but I could not see it, but just on dusk several SEO's where either on the wing or sitting on the fence line with at least ten before it was too dark to see.
Monday I travelled up to Cresswell Pond it was nice and sunny at home but the Westerly wind rapidly picking up strength by the time I got to the reserve , it was good to see the arrival of 31 Whooper swans it looked as though they had just arrived and toured the pond with the resident Mutes looking on, I took a short video just left in in place as they swan through the shot. In front of the hide I picked out a Jack Snipe it lay tucked up for most of the time so the photos I took where of no use besides the camera wanting to focus on the moving vegetation , so another short video the only way to capture the curious bobbing motion. Two Brent Geese at the North end , and the by now huge flock of Pinkfeet seemed restless as they swirled around landing before again taking to the air ,a Hawker still on the wing despite the wind , I just could not get an I.D. on it, my intended look at the sea for Divers was a non starter given the white horses you could see from the hide.
Only three Juveniles in with this group which failed to pass through the video
I have tried an edit to the video adding another couple of clips to the original

No comments: