Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 June 2008

28-05-08 Druridge.Cambois,St Mary's

Started the day at Cresswell with only a Little Gull of note, Druridge Pools had a Greenshank from the open hide and in the far distance could just make out the 2 Temmincks Stints and what turned out to be a Ruff, unable to see the stints from the budge screen but there was another Greenshank, I lost my cover for my lens here it was only a home made affair from a trouser leg used to cover camera and lens ,just in case anyone has picked it up,the message of Marsh Warbler singing at Cambois, now I have not seen one of these since the last one ,so off I went a few people there already ,(it was found By Boulmer Birder,rumour has it he was driving by,on work related business, with the window open and heard it singing ,and it was only right that he check it out,just who starts these rumours??) it showed off and on ,and singing from deep cover I got a few shots that show some of the features ,but you get what you get , it did show but not for photos.
On next to St Mary's Icterine Warbler, it was keeping up with a Garden Warbler, it showed in the middle area a bit distant but I got a couple of shots ,it showed better the next day but to far for me, also a Spotted Flycatcher but even this was not very obliging
Marsh Warbler



Marsh Warbler
Icterine Warbler


Spotted Flycatcher

No comments: