Search This Blog

Thursday 9 July 2009

Harbottle 4-07-09

Another visit to Harbottle with a look at a Moth Trap, some of those caught where new to me I forgot to get the list of them and the few photos I took where hurried and not very sharp, one reason was a lot of moths had settled near the trap and it was feared they would get stood on if people moved to much , a walk along a forest track I was surprised to find Pirri Pirri it seems to be doing well and will spread rapidly at least along the edges, another Speckled Wood in a clearing at Harbottle , with also lots of Ringlets, Meadow Browns, and a few Common Blue.
Swallow-tailed Moth

Eyebright

Pirri Pirri


I think this is Strangalia maculata



I was informed this was a Longhorn beetle, called a Slash Beetle due to the markings on its back cant seem to find it in my book




Poplar Hawk moth one of four





Green Carpet






Peach Blossom







Poplar Hawk Moth sitting on my finger about to take of , I put it in the vegetation before it did








Looking across from Harbottle









I saw this last time as a flower and I,D. it as Pirri Pirri, but thought it was only on Holy Island its appearing all over apparently










Speckled Wood at Harbottle Woods, another not wanting to open up !!!!!











No comments: