Search This Blog

Sunday 22 July 2012

Pectoral sandpiper

When the Pectoral Sandpiper was at Cresswell  I eventually went up to have  a look called in a few places on the way up and was pleased at one site to have a Grasshopper warbler singing I could just faintly hear it as the wind was very strong taking the song away from me and the wind through the trees , so I went downwind and could hear it much clearer even through the wind noise , no sighting of it and I did't seek it out just pleased to hear one only my second of the year  numbers seem to have crashed from previous years.
The Pectoral sandpiper located just north of the causeway but the wind was fierce so I set the scope low and got some shots and a short video complete with the blasting wind  a nice bird which attracted a steady trickle of both birders and the curious !!!!!!!
 Robin's Pin Cushion caused by  a gall wasp having laid eggs in a leaf bud
 A family of Swallows being fed on a wire so I set up to get some video but then they decided to fly up to the adults to be fed !!!
 Pectoral Sandpiper




Short clip of the bird feeding complete with the sound of the wind blasting over the scope.

No comments: