Search This Blog

Thursday 8 October 2009

More from the boots !!!!

Just a few more from yesterdays session cracking few hours birding after such a quiet period , even the tramp around Newbiggin in the expectation or hope of seeing Olive Backed Pipit was worth it , you don't realise just how large an area this is till you walk it.
Still good numbers of Butterflies around Sunday seemed to be Red Admiral day, but yesterday I saw more Painted Ladies, and lots of Common Darter
The Common Crane in Durham could be worth looking out for in the next few days .............
Marsh Harrier Druridge Pools

Glossy Ibis taking snail, which seems to be it's main diet ,although diet seems to be variable , it must cast several pellets per day, or more probable a large one .......looking on the net for images of these came up with nothing




I like to keep my hand in with the digiscoping, these two came out OK despite problems with the gear, I think my camera is on its last legs ,still its given me years of good service and some great shots.




Buff Breasted Sandpiper Cresswell Pond



2 comments:

Birding about Northumberland said...

Lovely photo's...for the less able birders what is the last 2 photo's of?
Michelle

Northumbrian Birding said...

Sorry I had not labelled those this was the Buff Breasted Sandpiper at the north end of Cresswell Pond