Search This Blog

Thursday 21 January 2010

Review :Collins Bird Guide 2nd edition




A review of the 2nd edition Colins Bird Guide By John M cLoughlin on Birdguides
http://www.birdguides.com/webzine/article.asp?a=1910 not sure if I shall acquire this just yet , I may await the large format edition expected later in the year. Fieldguides have certainly come a long way in the past few years, I know of some who collect them , but you will deep pockets these days to keep up with the range available . I, like probably many others started off with "The Observers Book of Birds", sadly I lost my copy but there was just something about those earlier bird books "Witherby's " 5 vols being the classic, but now you can get guides for your "I Phone "or media player ,with video, calls, etc. Birding has certainly moved on from the days of ringing "Nancy's Cafe" (you may have to Google that ) happy day's...........
Brian

No comments: