Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Holywell Pond

A visit to Holywell pond to catch up with the Egyptian Goose last week , I wasn't really that keen  other than I want't to get it on my Blyth valley list, the said bird was located as a sort of ginger lump  lying head tucked in surrounded by Geese so that ticked I had a look in the hide a mute swan nearby so I tried some digi  only trying to get its head in. Next stop the east hide plenty birds around so I did a bit of a count , I couldn't count the geese as the view was through the trees but on the shore 110 Black-headed,30 Common,40 Curlew, 4 Gadwall, 6 Shellduck  and 4 Tree Sparrows at the feeders on the way back and the Egyptian Goose was now up and feeding giving better views.
 I was trying to get some abstract shots of the head
 Starting to nod of !!!
 I had not noticed the pink flush on the under bill before

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never seen the underside of a swans beak before, it is strangely fascinating.

Christie Knox
www.northumberlog.blogspot.com

Northumbrian Birding said...

Hi Christie, I thought it looked interesting also they are probably all unique,but alas normally difficult to see.
Brian