Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 November 2008

November


October ended for me rather quietly and November has arrived had a couple of sessions of seawatching with my first Pom of the year a smart adult with a full set of cutlery it would be the day I did not take my camera, Red Necked Grebe & Iceland Gull , but no White Billed Diver for me caught up with the Snow Buntings ,Black Redstart & Water Pipit

Huge numbers of Kittiwakes on the move, a good percentage of juvenilesCommon Scoter.......... North
Bonxie............. North
Brent on the wetland
Golden Plover overhead

My attempt at trying to capture the Black Redstart as it was flycatching from the treetops


In the SW corner
Part of the Fireworks at Blyth Sunday evening,later that night the fire brigade where called out as the pier was on fire ,they are looking into the cause ????????????

2 comments:

Blyth Birder said...

Apparently highly volatile explosives and wooden piers don't go hand in hand.

Who'd have thought it?

It was a great show like - you've done a good job of capturing it so well.

Northumbrian Birding said...

Thanks for that, it was a good show I just held my old nikon 4500 in video mode but it only captures short sections, thats my voice on the end can't remember what I said though lucky I don't swear.